The 82 townhouses will soon be delivered as part of the Parklands project, and will operate as the athlete’s village during the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
The robust design meets the onerous requirements of the athletes’ village brief whilst cleverly anticipating the legacy of providing a high quality place to live within the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge Precinct.
This was achieved through:
– A design that preserved spatial quality with durable, clever detailing to provide a high architectural standard with great economy.
– A simple but effective massing arrangement to maintain building articulation with a very efficient floor plan.
– Working closely with the builder to assure the project was delivered within the constraints of the Parklands Project timeframes and development milestones.
– Innovations in lightweight vertical fire separation to achieve the design intent.
– BIM documentation to coordinate the design and documentation model with the steel frame manufacturer’s prefabrication shop model. The investment in the coordination of the frame pre-site ensured a smooth roll out to meet the compressed project time frame with minimal RFI’s or issues on-site.
The townhouses have been designed to comply with the Liveable Housing Australia accessible housing guidelines.
Archipelago produced this work as part of the AAA joint venture of architects Archipelago, ARM and Arkhefield.